Fireproof glass for window?

Guest Baglow

Hi  My problem is as follows.  I am currently selling my flat which is leasehold and has a management company which all flat owners are directors of.  My flat is ground floor and has its own entrances but the bedroom window in our flat is not fire resistant and is partly under a concrete stair case which is the entrance/escape route to three flats.  My question is does the bedroom window need to have fire proof glass?  If so the flat is in a conservation area and has stain glass windows at the top so how can I replace them?  Look forward to your response.

It is possible, but without seeing it I cannot say for certain you would have to decide if a fire issuing from this bedroom window could jeopardize the concrete staircase and means of escape. If it does, then the window should meet the necessary fire resisting standard and fixed closed. This could be achieved by  fitting a secondary glazing unit behind the existing unit.