Fire retardancy for soft furnishing in caravans

Guest MichaelTay

Guest MichaelTay

Could you please tell me if I need a fire retardent certification for replaced soft furnishings to my caravan and do The Regulations apply to sleeping bags, bedclothes (including duvets), loose covers for mattresses (i.e. mattress protectors), pillowcases, curtains and carpets? Are these products covered under General Product Safety Regulations 2005 (GPSR).Thank you, I look forward to your reply.

The Regulations apply to upholstered furniture (including beds) supplied with new caravans. The Regulations do not

apply to motor homes/camper vans. However it should be noted that holiday caravan parks are similar to chalet hotels

and therefore fall into a grey area. As a minimum it is recommended that the level of safety should not be less than

that required by the Regulations and it is recommended that the operator seeks advice from a recognised expert.

The Regulations do not apply to sleeping bags, bedclothes (including duvets), loose covers for mattresses (i.e. mattress protectors), pillowcases, curtains and carpets. However, it is important to note that these products are covered under General Product Safety Regulations 2005 (GPSR)

The above statements are a direct lift from the guide

Check out the FIRA flammability guide http://www.fira.co.u...ber-2011pdf.pdf it should tell you all you need to know. You could also check out an overview of the subject on our website http://www.firesafe....81989-and-1993/ but the FIRA guide gives a more in depth information. If you need expert advice contact FIRA.