Where do I find the advice/fire regulations regarding the following?

Guest DSp439

Hi I've had a look on the safelincs website and I'm just wondering where the source of the information was about final fire exits being locked when a building is unoccupied and using a red board to store padlocks, chains, bolts etc when the premises is in use.

Is this official advice given from like the government or health and safety in a document or advice from yourselves? 

Thanks

The HO guidance on cinemas and theatres state,

You should ensure that security fastenings such as chains, bars, padlocks, etc. are removed from all doors, gates, shutters, etc. on exit routes at all times the public are in the premises and prior to the building being put to use. No removable fastening should be replaced until the public have left the premises and sufficient and appropriate exits should remain available for staff who may be present.

How can a manager achieve this by having a chain board in his office.

The legislation simply says all exits should be available and the guidance expands on this, the chain board is just good practice, which may be needed if you end up speaking to the man with the curly wig. It's been around in my experience since 1960's and most probably long before that.