Fire Safety Concerns Raised By Building Control Concerning Timberex Hard Wax Oil

Frankyg

Hi everyone, I would appreciate some advice. I've just completed a self build house in North Wales. As part of the decor I left beams in the lounge and kitchen exposed and build wood panelling to one meter around the kitchen/diner walls. I used a product, Timberex Hard Wax Oil, for the finish and was very pleased with it. Unfortunately I had Building Control around for their final inspection last week and they expressed concern about this product and it's fire safety properties. The exposed joists must be capable of withstanding 30 minutes fire resistance via charring effect and the panelling must achieve at least class 1 surface spread of flame. There is nothing on the tin or on Timberex's website to clarify this so I e-mailed them but have had no response so far. The building control Officer has been very helpful throughout the build and says that if the Timberex product does not match the criteria then use of a suitable intumiscent fire resistant product over the Timberex will be ok. I would appreciate any advice on this. 

Thanks
Frank