Jump to content

lables on sef made furniture

Guest adam

Recommended Posts

Hi, I want to start a new business, which will be a café/diner. I want to make some furniture myself to fit it out. It will be made from basic wood/covered in foam and vinyl. Can I buy the foam and vinyl from a supplier and ask for proof its ok for use(and keep the paperwork), and then buy and secure the labels. Would this be ok for the required regulations? Thanks for any help and advice. adam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firstly you are not subject to the The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations but you are subject to the The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. You will also be subject the the building regulations which have fire safety implications. You will be the Responsible Person and required to conduct a Fire Risk Assessment which includes preventing or reducing the risk of a fire occurring. Therefore you should study Fire safety of furniture and furnishings in the contract and non-domestic sectors A Guide to the UK requirements which will assist you in carrying out your duties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...