Domestic BRegs.

Guest Hampshire

Hi,

We are removing a wall between our kitchen and hall in a domestic property, the property is over three floors.

Building control have told us to consider a fire curtain and to conform to the BStandard part 6.

I have a company to fit the curtain with a heat sensor in the kitchen, it is a period property and would be tricky/unsightly to wire in smoke detectors to the first and second floor landings.

Would it be accepted to use wireless detectors in this situatioN.

H.

I cannot give a definitive response to your situation without knowing a lot more about your proposals and assuming BStandard part 6 is BS 5839 part 6:2013.

I am surprised Building control told you to consider a fire curtain because fire curtain will not control smoke and it appears your means of escape could be cut off in the early stages of a fire. Also did the BCO tell you which category of fire alarm should be used ?

The use of wireless detectors is acceptable providing they are CE marked and meet the requirements of BS 5839.