Jump to content

Fire retardant bedding for care homes

Guest BarabaraColl

Recommended Posts

Guest BarabaraColl


Would it be possible for you to tell me with the legislation required for curtains and bedding for care homes, hospitals, hotels etc, please?


Regards Barbara

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Responsible Person for non-domestic premises is required to conduct a Fire Risk Assessment under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.

He/she has to consider the general fire precautions which are defined in article 4 and states (a) measures to reduce the risk of fire on the premises and the risk of the spread of fire on the premises. To achieve this FR assessor will consider a number of actions but will include using fire resistant furnishing, furniture and surface spread of flame.

The guidance for this will be the DCLG guidance or HTM’s and http://www.fira.co.uk/document/fira-contract-flammability-guide-october-2011pdf.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...