Fire exit opening to public footpath

Guest JohnElw

Guest JohnElw

Can you please advise on any regulations pertaining to a Factory final door emergency exit opening out onto a public footpath alongside a highway. Also a sliding door opening onto an external fire escape that would be used by persons exiting from a fire exit above.

I see no problem, providing the factory has legal right of way and the width of the access meets the minimum requirements, also when you pass through the door you have level going for at least the width of the door. As for the sliding door opening onto an external fire escape this would depend if it requires to be fire resisting, which most do, and getting a FD30 sliding fire door is not easy, so it would need checking out. Without seeing the layout it is difficult to visualise, so I cannot give a definitive response.

• 6 years later...
Guest Rachel

Hi there I've never done this b4 but I cud do with sum help I live in a masonette and there is a ground level flat underneath me there used to b 2 flat's but it was knocked in2 one flat with the old entrance door next to my door separated by a window so I show of my plant's the door that is blocked of now isn't used now but the lady who live's there is alway's complaining that I'm blocking it even tho it's not used and neither has other Tenet's b4 her she's just being petty but she now says she needs it as a fire exit even tho it's not a fire exit wot can I do please can I block of on pavement level can u please help me thanks rlb

• 1 month later...