fire extinguisher billing

Guest drgood

Guest drgood

I was curious , I was recently billed fro my fire extinguisher service , does hydro testing cost include the recharge fee or is the recharge fee separate fee when they service them ?

I was curious , I was recently billed fro my fire extinguisher service , does hydro testing cost include the recharge fee or is the recharge fee separate fee when they service them ?

If you are referring to an extended service (discharge, test, recharge with new extinguishant) Safelincs charges a flat rate per size/type of extinguisher, i.e. you would pay for an extended service on a 6ltr water. You would not pay on top of that for the recharge as this is part of the extended service.

Some extinguisher servicing companies have very attractive initial costs, such as 'Fire extinguisher servicing from £1 per extinguisher'. On top of this they will then charge for every component and aspect of the service, such as £1 for an O-ring, £1 for a gauge dot, etc. Eventually you will end up paying a lot more than you want.

It is always best to choose a servicing company that has transparent pricing with no hidden extras.