Can I break through between two rooms with passageway?

Guest Chamberlain

Guest Chamberlain

Can you please advise?
In an HMO property, there is one 'flat' that currently consist of two rooms. They are separated by what seems to me to be a wasted space of passageway, the area of which would be invaluable to add to what is a smallish room. To accommodate the Fire Regs (I hope), if I were to remove the stud wall and door between the rooms, I would have created a large single L-shaped room.
The gap separating the two rooms, allowing the access between them, would be some 2 metres.
Would this situation, in your opinion, comply with UK Fire Regs please?

The inside of a flat is exempt from The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 only the common areas are subject, but you are subject to the Housing Act and Building Regulations. You should contact the local Housing Department and the Building Control Department to ascertain the necessary action you should take. The relative guidance is www.cieh.org/uploadedFiles/Core/Policy/Publications_and_information_services/Policy_publications/Publications/National_fire_safety_guidance_08.pdf and Approved Document Part B Fire Safety.