Lost Fire Labels on a Sofa

Guest SB

Hello,

I am planning to rent my house fully furnished and understand that my furnishings must fire safety compliant.

I am leaving both my sofa and armchair however in preparation for renting, I've noticed that my sofa's fire safety label isn't there. The sofa and armchair are part of a set and the armchair label is still there (although hanging my a thread).

Is it possible to get replacement fire safety labels? Does this missing label from the sofa mean I cannot leave the sofa?

Any advice kindly received.

SB

As a landlord you need to be able to prove or have a permanent fire label attached to each piece of upholstered furniture, to meet the regulations.

The label you have will have the manufacturer displayed and you may be able to contact them for advice. If is pretty obvious that the two pieces of furniture form a suite you may be prepared, in the event of any problems, to argue your case based on this point.

I am afraid if you cannot prove the furniture meets the standards or there is no permanent label attached then it does not meet the regulations, and in the event of the proverbial hitting the fan you could fined yourself in difficult situation.