Yesterday at 18:221 day comment_56200 I’m after some advice on where to place a smoke alarm in my garage. There is never any car there, the risks are two fridges & odd DIY jobs. I realise the alarm should be central to the ceiling, but the ceiling is not uniformly flat, due to 6 wooden joists running lengthways across the 5m ceiling. Above the joists is boarding.So I have a choice of placing the alarm either on the underside of the central protruding joists, or on the wooden boarding up above/between them. The gap between each joist is about 400mm. The protrusion of each joist is about 130mm below the boards.I’m conscious of needing to be at the highest point, yet avoiding ‘voids’, which to some extent the division of the ceiling boarding with joists creates. Where would be best? Report
1 hour ago1 hr comment_56206 Full guidance here: https://www.aico.co.uk/technical-support/alarm-siting/ Report
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.