Detection/Alarms in flat above an office in a Grade 2 listed building

Guest JohnCanter

Guest JohnCanter

Hi, 

I am a tenant in a flat above an admin office, in a listed building. 

My Landlord (owns the whole building) hasn't arranged a FRA, but the premises was visited by the fire brigade recently for some reason. I have my own independent access to my flat. 

Apparently the FB has informed that there should be 60m detection between the shop and my flat, but as a listed building, that seems like a difficult unnecessary task. Apparently in lieu of that, interlinked smoke/heat detection is a preferred option? What is the best route for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Where 60 minutes fire separation cannot be achieved between the commercial & residential elements then the commercial premises must be provided with a fire alarm system that includes automatic fire detection - the system should also be extended into the flat to provide alarm sounders on each level and no less than 85dB at the bedroom doors. In listed buildings wireless fire alarms are usually appropriate - https://www.safelincs.co.uk/wireless-fire-alarm-systems/