Mr Paul

Hello, i visit many flats on my work journeys, and a lot of entrance door in blocks of purpose built flats have  been  fitted with Yale type locks,mortice dead and sash locks, non euro profile, non fire rated  letter plates,no smoke or intumescent seals, nearly all flats are privately owned and are leashold.

Question is their a time limit  set by Government for all these doors and frames to be replaced to  current safety standards as above.

Also can  lack of funding be used as a valid reason for not  doing the work, eg residents not having the  funds or refusing to  pay for the replacements.

In the event of a fire the first port of call for the insurers would be the fire risk assessment, if that mentioned the door is not compliant then there will no no payout. 

Then will be the fire authority looking at the assessment, which may lead to a prosecution under the RRO as you have ignored the recommendation of the FRA.

As for time limits once a FRA has been completed, the actions should be completed in a reasonable time frame, given they are quoting 12 weeks delivery I’d say 16 weeks would be reasonable.

As for lack of funding for a valid reason, that would be down to the man in the curly wig