Settee without interliner

Guest MalcGwyn

Guest MalcGwyn

I intend to replace all the seats and backs etc (ie foam and covers) to my 3 piece sitting room suite, including the loose covers to the chairs and settee. The label attached to the white dust sheet stapled to the wooden framework ie the first covering, states that this cover complies with the furniture and furnishing (fire) regulations 1988, but does not include a schedule 3 interliner. The suite was purchased in 1995.

Question: is this first covering up to today's regs. if not what can one do? spray something on to the first covering perhaps.

Thank you. Malcolm.

There was amendments to the 1988 regulations in 1989, 1993 and 2010 therefore I would suggest you check out the the 2010 amendments on the web page at http://www.firesafe.org.uk/furniture-and-furnishings-fire-safety-regulations-19881989-and-1993/ and the experts on this legislation is the Furniture Industry Research Association which would be worth contacting.