FRA requested for porch area

Guest Caroline

Guest Caroline

I’m selling a leasehold purpose built first floor maisonette with its own external front door. The front door to the ground floor flat is next to it and we share the use of a covered brick and stone porch area. This is used by us, visitors, postman, delivery services etc. 

My buyers’ solicitors have requested an FRA for any communal space, (which is only the porch).  I gather I can do this myself (as a ‘competent person’), but there’s so little to report I’m not sure how to present this to them. The sample templates I’ve found are all applicable to communal areas inside properties, not outside.

The management company for the freeholder doesn’t service the property, it just collects buildings insurance and ground rent. Are they responsible for conducting a fire risk assessment? 

Finally, what are the considered fire risks of a brick porch? Nothing is stored there. The two front doors are solid external front doors - do they need to meet fire safety standards, and how would I find that out? They’ve been there a while....

I’d be so grateful for any advice (or template suggestions!) as I need to get it sorted ASAP.

Thank you!

Caroline

(photo attached)

3E35B9EC-BE4C-4966-9EDB-7E21AF6ED3BB.jpeg