Two different smoke alarms going off at the same time but no smoke anywhere.

Guest Jennie

Guest Jennie

Hi this morning my two smoke alarms went off first the upstairs one and then after I pushed the "hush" button and went downstairs, opened the hall door, looked around for signs of fire, about 5 mins later both upstairs and downstairs went off again. They are model Ei 141, I'm not sure if they are interconnected or not. Can this model do that? There is no sign of fire or smoke anywhere on the house. The hush button would not work on the downstairs one so I have had to remove the unit completely. I have noticed they both needed replacing in July 2016 so have ordered replacements from you.

I'm just concerned as to why both would go off together and I'm missing something? ?‍♀️

Hi Jennie

The Ei141 smoke alarms are interconnected, which explains why this error signal will have triggered both alarms. Once the alarms are older than ten years, the alarms become a bit fragile and prone to go off. I am glad you found the replacement units and that the problem is now resolved for you.

Harry