Jump to content

Smoke alarm near consumer unit

Guest NickyW

Recommended Posts

Guest NickyW

We are buying a new build with a smoke alarm in the kitchen and hallway. But I want an extra device under the stairs where the consumer unit and meters are.
Do i need a heat alarm or smoke or combined? Also is the optical the same as the photoelectric? Thanks Nicky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Nicky

You should select an optical smoke alarm, which by the way is the same as a photoelectric smoke alarm (they 'see' the smoke). Optical alarms are good for smouldering fires such as caused by electrical equipment. They also are less likely to give false alarms near a kitchen. In your case I would go for the pure optical alarm and not a combined optical/heat alarm.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...