Fire door retainer

Hi

I have seen a few of the Dorgard fire door holders in a nursing home and am considering buying these for my workplace (offices with 3 rooms). The offices are now getting really stuffy and we would like to keep the doors open. But some of the doors are fire doors and we are not supposed to wedge them open. Do we risk a fine by buying these door holders?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have seen a few of the Dorgard fire door holders in a nursing home and am considering buying these for my workplace (offices with 3 rooms). The offices are now getting really stuffy and we would like to keep the doors open. But some of the doors are fire doors and we are not supposed to wedge them open. Do we risk a fine by buying these door holders?

No risk of fine! The Dorgard is the perfect solution when you are retrofitting fire door retainers (go for electromagnetic fire door retainers when you are building from new and have a fire alarm panel). And totally legal (certified to BS EN 1155) for most applications and certainly the one you described. Only exceptions are fire doors leading to stair cases and to high risk areas such as kitchens and boiler rooms.