Gazebo with fire protection

Guest roses

Guest roses

I am trying to get a gazebo to use as a stall for a festival. The organisers require a fire certificate to ensure BS3120. The gazebo I am looking at states fire requirements BS5438 and BS7837. I have no idea what this means. Can you left me know if the gazebo is up to the standard they want and how to go about getting a certificate. MANY THANKS

Guest Guest

BS 5688-15:1979, ISO 3120:1976

Methods of test for orthoboric acid (boric acid), diboron trioxide (boric oxide), disodium tetraborates, sodium perborates and crude sodium borates for industrial use. Determination of water content of disodium tetraborates and crude sodium borates

Boric acid is a flame retardant but not totally relevant in determining the flammability if a fabric but the following standards are.

BS 5438:1989

Methods of test for flammability of textile fabrics when subjected to a small igniting flame applied to the face or bottom edge of vertically oriented specimens

BS 7837:1996

Specification for flammability performance for textiles used in the construction of marquees and similar textile structures

You will have to ask the organisers why they require the certificate as label carries all the information they should need including contact information if they require confirmation.