GLPD2G

Dear Sirs,

2 x GLPD2G received today - many thanks. As a matter of interest there seems to be neither Serial No nor test cert with either. For insurance purposes how can I demonstrate to my insurers that these two are the new replacements for my old ones of the same size and make shown on my test cert?? To have these tested and certified locally now would cost more than the price and delivery of your two.

Kind regards,

DD

Dear DD

Currently, there is no need to have the extinguishers installed by service engineers (this will change in a few months, by the way, when the new British Standard comes out). The invoice is the proof of installation date and the extinguishers have the manufacturing date stamped on them. After one year you will need to have your extinguisher professionally serviced if you are a business or landlord.

We do however, recommend that you visually inspect the extinguisher (handle not damaged, security pin moves freely and pressure gauge in green) and record the weight. This will help the service engineer in a year’s time tremendously.

Kind Regards

Garry