Interlinking new alarms with my Ei134 and Ei131 Smoke Alarms?

• 2 years later...
The Ei140 series of alarms (Ei141, Ei144 and Ei146) are the replacements for the Ei130 Series, the interconnection facility on both alarms is identical, so they can both be used in the same system.

Hi

I am adding a loft extension. I have three Ei131smoke detectors already and don't want to replace them but I need to link more alarms to the system. The 130s are no longer available. Can I just use the Ei140 or Ei160s?

• 5 weeks later...
Hi

I am adding a loft extension. I have three Ei131smoke detectors already and don't want to replace them but I need to link more alarms to the system. The 130s are no longer available. Can I just use the Ei140 or Ei160s?

The Ei140 series uses the same interconnection feature as the the Ei130 series allowing them to be added into an existing Ei130 series system.

If you are adding a new alarm to the system simply install the new unit and connect it to both the mains power and the interconnection circuit. If you are replacing an existing Ei130 alarm the old alarm will need to be removed (including the base plate) and replaced entirely by the new Ei140 series unit.

More information about Ei140 series at safelincs.co.uk