Jump to content

Carla Wynker

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you for your reply! Really helpful!
  2. I had replied to you but either the post was deleted or I deleted it by mistake. But thank you for getting back to me! You clarified a lot of things. I just had a few more questions: 1) Is a carbon monoxide necessary in a flat that may have gas but the tenant only uses electrical equipment (e.g. electric cooker)? 2) Is interlinked detectors a criteria of LD2? Also, is a living room of a flat considered high risk? Until now, I didn't consider living room high-risk until it was pointed out to me that it was in fact high risk and was part of LD2? 4) Are there any differences betwee
  3. Hi all, I'm trying to clarify what is a landlord's legal requirement in regard to fire detection. I've been reading various pieces of legislation, but it seems like I'm only getting more confused, hence why I thought it might be better ask in the forum. The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Regulation 2015 states that there should be smoke detectors on every story and a carbon monoxide alarm where there is a solid fuel burning combustion appliance. Approved Document B says the following: "All dwellings should have a fire detection and alarm system, minimum Grade D2 Category
  4. Hi all, I've been grabbling with what to me is a tricky topic: the evacuation of people in wheelchair/ serious mobility disability from their domestic property, especially if they don't live on the ground floor. Plus some of them might live alone and not have anybody to help them out in case of a fire. I've searched the internet for an answer has to what evacuation plan should be advised to them. However, information on the topic have been sparse. Of course, those people should have fire warning detection and warning system at their home (e.g. smoke detectors, heat detectors...etc),
  • Create New...