Connecting an Ei170Rf with an existing Ei140 system

I am wanting to connect an Ei170RF to an existing EI140 system that i have in my house, can you please tell me if i need to replace all of the Ei140 alarms with Ei168/EI140's?

If i do can you tell me if the wiring will be compatible or will will that also need replacing?

Thanks A.B

To make the EI141 & EI144 that you have installed compatible with the EI170RF, they would need the bases to be changed to the EI168RC (Radio link base unit which transmits a radio frequency (RF) alarm signal when the smoke alarm unit attached to it is activated) so that they would all interconnect.

- To change the bases the wiring to the EI141 & EI144 would have to be disconnected so that you can remove the current base and replace with the EI168RC, base.

- To change the EI141/EI144 bases to the EI168RC base, there is no additional wiring required.

- If the EI141/EI144 are already interconnected with wire, then you would only require one EI168RC base.

- If they are not interconnected yet then you would require two EI168RC bases.

We do, however recommend that you use a qualified electrician for installation.

• 1 year later...
To make the EI141 & EI144 that you have installed compatible with the EI170RF, they would need the bases to be changed to the EI168RC (Radio link base unit which transmits a radio frequency (RF) alarm signal when the smoke alarm unit attached to it is activated) so that they would all interconnect.

- To change the bases the wiring to the EI141 & EI144 would have to be disconnected so that you can remove the current base and replace with the EI168RC, base.

- To change the EI141/EI144 bases to the EI168RC base, there is no additional wiring required.

- If the EI141/EI144 are already interconnected with wire, then you would only require one EI168RC base.

- If they are not interconnected yet then you would require two EI168RC bases.

We do, however recommend that you use a qualified electrician for installation.

I actually just want to replace an Ei1410 alarm rather than connect anything. If I buy the full product, I have to get an electrician to change it. Surely that is well over the top?!

Sal

I actually just want to replace an Ei1410 alarm rather than connect anything. If I buy the full product, I have to get an electrician to change it. Surely that is well over the top?!

Sal

Just get an 'easichange' replacement alarm. Original product but prepared for self-replacement without electrician. Takes less than five minutes. Tools and manual included