FD 30 door replacement mandated?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi
I live in a private flat along with about 20 other flats. I'm owner of the flat. The flats were built in 1980s and all have their original front doors leading into a communal hallway. The property management company have written to all residents and informed them that they must replace their existing front doors with FD 30 standard front doors at the owners expense. Are they allowed to mandate the fitment of FD 30 doors in an existing building? My door met the BS when it was constructed but that doesn't mean that I have to change the door in an existing property every time that the regulations change, am I correct?
Thanks

No it doesn't and leaseholders have overturned this at Tribunal in the past (especially where the doors were only visually inspected from one side and an arbitrary judgement made). Being 80's there is a fair chance these are already FD30S doors that might only need minor changes (e.g. if they use concealed chain closers they need changing to EN1154 overhead closers). The guidance they should be following is here: 
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fire-safety-in-purpose-built-blocks-of-flats