Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Julian, I assume you mean 20-25 inches. As carbon monoxide distributes freely in the air at room temperature (same density), both alarms should go off eventually, unless one is faulty or has a different trigger level. Please make sure both are still within their operating life. Which models are they?

Harry

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Carbon Monoxide alarm went off shortly after lighting the fire. We opened all the Windows And took the batteries out . About 15 minutes later, we put the batteries back in and the alarm is no longer sounding. Is everything ok again? Could smouldering ashes in a bucket cause the alarm?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Diane,

smouldering ashes in a bucket would definitely produce a high amount of carbon monoxide (low burning temperature of residual ambers and low oxygen availability). After a restart of the detector (with most alarm models) everything should be ok again. Just make sure you do not leave smouldering ashes in the room in the future.

Harry

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...