Guest JulieAd

Should emergency lights show a green or red light?

Guest advice please

Hi Folks

Can the small led be covered up to prevent glare in a bedroom when dark its enoying to our hotel guests .

Thanks

Guest tom 2017

can anyone tell me why the light keeps flickering on an channel vale emergency exit led

Guest curtis
On 3/3/2013 at 14:27, green-foam said:

To add to the above. You do not see many emergency lights with a RED led, but I did see one.

i have one with the red indicator light on, I've switched the lights out and they indicator light is still red. does it take time to charge up or is their an issue with the ballast 

EMG-red-LED.jpg

And below is the more common emergency light with a green LED

EMG-gn-LED.jpg

1 hour ago, Guest curtis said:

i have one with the red indicator light on, I've switched the lights out and they indicator light is still red. does it take time to charge up or is their an issue with the ballast

Neither. If the red (in your case) LED is still lit when you turn the lights off  then it means that your EL is still be powered and still being charged.

EL should only come on when there is a power failure to the light or the relevant test switch has been operated.

Switching off lights near an EL should not remove the supply to the EL, so the EL will not come on.

You need to find where the EL are fed from and turn that off to test them.

You may want to get some one in to do it for you / show you next time.

Guest del249
On 17/10/2017 at 17:46, Guest curtis said:

Hi

we have emergency lights in our office. all show red LED . ( no greens on this older fitting) have just tested the system and 2 units do not light. I assume it is better to change the whole unit rather than trying tubes and batteries ?  any advice most welcome.:-)

Doubtful it is the tube (I assume it has hardly ever been lit) So that means the batteries have probably failed, they only have a working life of 3 -  5 years at most. Safelincs can supply you with batteries from just under £12 Click here

Or you can as you suggest change the whole fitting. Safelincs can supply EM lights  starting from just over £15 Click here

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.