double swing hinges on a fire door

Guest simon green

Guest simon green

Hi all I need some advice. I have a client that has asked if we can supply and fit some double fire doors that will swing in and out is this possible? Do they have to automatic closer's on to?

Door sizes including frame 2050 mm high x 1600 mm wide

Thanks for any help 

Hi Simon,

You don't say if they are timber or metal doors. I am assuming they are timber based doors, yes they must self-close and the best solution is to use floor springs and pivots. There's more information in the Code of Practice: Hardware for Fire and Escape doors at http://firecode.org.uk/Code_of_Practice_hardware_for_fire_and_escape_doors.pdf 

• 1 year later...

Refer to 'Code of practice. Hardware for Fire & Escape Doors' at http://firecode.org.uk/Code_of_Practice_hardware_for_fire_and_escape_doors.pdf   Sections 2.3.8 and 3.3.8 of the document refer to  double action spring hinges (also known as Bommer Hinges). Section 3.3.10 covers floor springs and the double action hardware.

• 3 months later...
Guest Ian C Panting

Could someone assist and recommends with Best Double swing hinges for FD30SC door-Refer to below caption, released as two escape route on Fire Alarm.

blob.png.5b6bb35f3c17106d6142b49bab6fe6fe.png