Leather fabric (Fire retardant)

Guest Ali

Dear All

We would like to buy some faux leather fabric from China and our supplier is not a big organisation so they dont know much about fire retardant ie if there fabric is flame retardant treated or not.

I wanted to know, is there anyway I can explain to them and tell hem which kind of fabric to use so that the fabric can be fire retardant and comply with UK BS5852?

May be the faux leather farbic need to be thick or firm, I don't know. Any help on this will be much appreciated

Thanking you in advance

Ali

Any claims made by your Chinese supplier I would treat with caution and if the material is to be used on upholstered furniture you would be the first manufacturer or retailer in the UK, therefore subject to the  The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulation

I would suggest you contact one of the testing houses and find out what you need to do to test the faux leather fabric then get a sample from the supplier. On receipt of the sample have it tested and if it passes the test place an order. As far as I am aware there is no way of knowing the fire resistance of an material without testing it.