whats is intelligent controllers (IC), Central Battery System(CBS) etc in emergency lighting..

Guest muhammad shafeek

Guest muhammad shafeek

what are intelligent controllers (IC), Central Battery System(CBS) etc in emergency lighting?

Could you please explain how these systems work?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

CBS is when there is a bank of batteries in a central position usually the meter room, on trickle charge which feeds all the emergency lights in the premises, now most premises use individual units with individual batteries

Managing an emergency network is a significant responsibility: ensuring you comply with current legislation and best practice, keeping the occupants of the building safe at all times, and keeping energy and maintenance costs as low as possible. I assume it will do this automatically and will test the lights without any intervention from you. But I suspect there are many different systems you would need to check if any particular system if it is suitable for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing by intelligent controller you mean the self testing emergency lighting systems where each fitting is monitored and tested via a central control panel. The traditional versions are where each fitting has its own batteries and test chip, new versions work like addressable fire alarms with loop powered fittings from a central power supply at the control panel.