Electric cupboard stuffed with flammable materials

Guest PaulineFo

Guest PaulineFo

I live in a block of flats the management company are keeping inflammatory items in the electric cupboard I have to speak the the person who is in charge of the management company and found him totally unhelpful andi I was told this cupboard is for the land lord use only we are a private /owned building and there is no landlord I can't get in the meter cupboard to update the usage of electric as Iam pay as yo go .please can you advise-me I have taken pictures of all the stuff

Is the electric cupboard a 30 minute fire resisting enclosure? There must be an owner/landlord who has employed the management company on his/her behalf. If it is an FR enclosure then depending on what is stored it could be acceptable as for getting access to the cupboard I have no answer, other than talking to the management company. If you are very concerned you could get in touch with the enforcing authority the local Fire and Rescue Service.

Check out http://www.firesafe.org.uk/uk-fire-rescue-services-details/