External access devices for fire exit door

Guest Andrew Shaw

Guest Andrew Shaw

So far I've not been able to find a clear answer in the product info on Safelincs website so I'm asking my question here:

I need a fire exit door access device which can be opened with a key from the outside to give staff access into a building, however, I also need the external handle to lock again automatically after each use. We already have two doors with panic bolts and external access devices installed, but they are a significant security liability as staff regularly forget to turn the key again to lock the mechanism after they've opened it. There have been a number of occasions when I've arrived in the morning to discovered such doors having been left unlocked all night. I have considered the possibility installing a code lock instead of a keyed lock, but there are potential issues with this also as its almost impossible to keep tabs on who knows the access code. Can anyone recommend a product that meets our requirements? Thanks

Guest Cheyney Bonser

Good morning

Thank you for your enquiry. Please click on the link below to view the Briton Lever Operated Outside Access Device (with euro profile cylinder):
http://www.safelincs.co.uk/external-access-devices/

Please note that when using a Briton outside access device, the manufacturers recommend that it is used with Briton emergency or panic hardware. This is because the units have been tested to work with each other. Please click on the link below to view the Briton panic hardware:

http://www.safelincs.co.uk/panic-bars-with-latches-or-bolts/

I hope this helps.

Edited by Safelincs
link update